Create is a new two years Erasmus+ project, which will develop learning resources to support the professional development of new and existing Creative Therapists working with migrants and refugees being resettled in the partner countries and across the EU. Create will develop 2 training modules which promote partnership working among Creative Therapists through existing packages of support for refugee and migrants to EU countries. It will also produce a training module specifically aimed at the supervisors of Arts Therapists working with Refugees and Migrants. By creating these training modules the resettlement of refugees and migrants across EU will be more effective, thus supporting them to become more active citizens, and remove barriers to learning and employment.
Create will contribute to the achievement of:
The objectives of the strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training (ET 2020)
• The promotion of European values in accordance with Article 2 of the Treaty of the European Union.
• EU Agenda on Migration (2015)
The development of professional Arts Therapists to work in the resettlement of refugees and migrants, across Europe supports the EU agenda for adult learning.
• To develop an innovative approach to designing training programmes for Arts Therapists
• To improve the integration of migrants with mental health problems through development of Arts Therapies resources.
• To develop innovative approaches to strengthen the training paths of prospective and practicing Arts Therapists equipping them with all competences and skills needed to deliver high quality therapy and address the needs of young migrants experiencing mental ill health who wish to improve their life.
• Strengthen cooperation and exchange of best practice between European organisations in the development of co-produced training packages and new approaches to the integration of young migrants experiencing mental ill health.
This is a European partbnerhip Project. Project partners are :
Merseyside Expanding Horizons, Liverpool, UK
For Further information on the project please contact Stacey Robinson
Tel : 0151 330 0552