Merseyside Expanding Horizons Ltd was registered in June 1999 as a Society for the benefit of the community under the Industrial and Provident Societies Acts 1965-1978. The Society has developed from Expanding Horizons, a partnership which since 1998 has been successfully running and delivering projects which support social inclusion and develop innovation and best practice within social inclusion
Merseyside Expanding Horizons brings together Merseyside based voluntary, private and public sector agencies to promote and generate multi agency and cross sector working around key issues relevant to social inclusion through formal, non-formal and informal activities. This is on a local, regional, national and European level.
MEH is recognised by many public and voluntary sector bodies as a key influence in promoting social inclusion on Merseyside and has gathered a reputation as a competent, effective voluntary sector organisation, a ´safe pair of hands´ which without bias has used the funding available to it to support a wide range of innovative projects which promote social inclusion.
- Degree, diploma or experience related to graphic design, communication, marketing and social media, or equivalent
- To work on development of logos, flyers, newsletters and handbooks.
- To update MEH social media and newsletters
- To suggest improvements strategies as a means of increasing engagement and traffic of our website.
Personal and professional attributes
- Ability to work on Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design
- A results-driven mind-set as well as a strong sense of curiosity and the desire to learn and get better every day.
- Self-motivated, flexible, effective, result-oriented, attentive to details.
- Ability to communicate in English, especially in text production (French will be an asset)
- Experience with content creation and editorial development: logos, flyers, newsletters and handbooks. (video-making and editing will be an asset)
- From Monday to Thursday 9.30am – 5pm
- Friday 9.30am – 4pm
- Exceptionally working during the weekend or evenings if required
- Opportunity to work in an international organisation and in an intercultural environment.
- Transport: one bike (including helmet and lock) and a monthly bus pass
- Meals: Lunches
- Occasional project meetings abroad: accommodation, travel and food are provided by MEH
- Commitment: Minimum 6 months
MEH strives to be an equal opportunities employer. MEH is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
CV and Cover Letter to be sent to Anna Bellan, Transnational Program Manager: Email: email@example.com